New to chickens!!

Yessabub

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 16, 2011
Ok i found some abandoned chickens and two guinea fowls at a house im tearing down there in good health and im thinking about taking them in. I was wondering what i need to know to take care of them.

welcome-byc.gif
& good for you for wanting to keep them!
You can find all kinds of info by either going to the top blue bar on the page, go to INDEX & scroll through to see what sections you want to check out (eventually it will be all of them!), or you could use the SEARCH feature, also up on the blue bar. Good luck!

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Texas.

Go get some feed like chick/grow/lay. If you have a Tractor Supply near you they will help you.

If the Guineas are good size you will need to pen them up if you are reloating them. They will wander away.

Of course water and some sort of roost or shelter should get you started.

New on here also by a couple days ahead of you. I do not know much myself. am learning as I go. Lot's of veteran's on here with help though.
big_smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Shelter, food, fresh water. 4 sq ft of coop floor space per bird... Secure coop/shelter. A secure predator proof run in not free ranging. A good fenced in area if semi free ranging... Shady areas to hang out and get away from sun. Theres the basics.

You'll love having chickens. They are something else.

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom