New to chickens

jellington

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 1, 2014
West Tenessee
Hey everyone, I got a yard full of chickens on whim and a buddy told me about this site so here I am. I'm Jeremy and I have 3 golden laced polish hen and one rooster that I will be showing off soon, they are beautiful. Also 6 little ones that I will need help sexing. Still feeling my way around the site. Looking forward to being a part of it.

Here they are. I got them one day in a dog crate and the next day I built them a fortress under the back deck. The deck is 8 feet off the ground and they love it. So far it's been 3 weeks and I enjoy watching them and adding on to their "compound". Before long I'll have the whole 3/4 acre back yard turned into a coop for 10 little birds.

The only thing I know about polish is that the males have a "rock star wild crest," and the females have a more discrete rounded crest

Those four I have figured out. I have three barred rocks that I think are all hens but not sure, they hatched at the end of nov. And one silver laced Wyandotte I think is a rooster. Two red ones I would have to check on what they are, but their daddy is a feather leg something so they all have the leg feathers. I'll post some close ups when our winter weather passes

Back
Top Bottom