New to chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jamesmyers14, Mar 14, 2015.

1. jamesmyers14

jamesmyers14 New Egg

Jan 28, 2015
    Raleigh
    So I have one chick I hatched froma tiny little incubator!! It's been ahwile I don't know how old he / she is. And I don't know when to move he / she out with my other chickens. It's in a homemade brooder. First off id like to know is it a rooster. Second off what kind. Third off my hens when I introduced him / her they pecked him. This was a week a go or so. So they don't seem to really like it. What do I do about this wait for him to get bigger. And also my 3 hens stay in my coop all day a small upstairs with nesting box and roost and a small downstairs with land and food and water? Should I let them free run or will they run away! All help is appreciated will attach photos

2. jamesmyers14

jamesmyers14 New Egg

Jan 28, 2015
    Raleigh
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. jamesmyers14

jamesmyers14 New Egg

Jan 28, 2015
    Raleigh
    [​IMG] here

4. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    If I understand correctly you hatched one little lonely chick that is in a brooder now. No you can't put a chick in with full grown hens they will most likely kill it. It is best not to introduce a single bird to an existing flock. It is better to introduce at least two at a time. If they were not raised by a momma hen you can't safely add them to your coop until they are fairly large.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by