New to Chics

itsthelaw37801

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 22, 2012
Lenoir City, TN
I have a question. We had three hens go broody. (Our first time)

Our brahma hatched 6 chics. They are 7 weeks old. We put her and the chics in one coop. Our other coop has our hens. We have a coop for just the bantams, and our last coop has our adult guineas and 23 baby keets. We don't have any other coops, and we aren't going to be building any. I have a silver wyandotte and her 3 chics in the chicken tractor. They are 4 weeks old. And we have a golden wyandotte hen that has three chics that are a week old in a little metal pen. It is used to take birds to shows. Is there anyway to combine chics? I don't know how to merge. And I don't want any to get hurt or killed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

*Also, all three hens went broody in the woods. They sat on the ground for 3 weeks. Majority of eggs didn't hatch due to maggots and ground conditions. Next year when my hens go broody, can I put them in the coop with their eggs?

Quote: If your hens hatched their eggs in the forest do you mean that they were outside? If they were your broody hens could have been attacked by a predator. Next time when your hens get broody you should keep them somewhere ( like in your house or garage) with shelter away from predators and other coop members because they can disturb a broody or crush her eggs.

We have a pyrenees so we don't have predators. But I didn't know if I could pick the hen and eggs up and transfer them back to their coop.

Any ideas on the integration of chics of different ages?

Hi I'm new to this forum and I don't know how to make a post because I have a few questions. If u can please help me out

Also how do i put a picture on my profile

First you go into your profile and on the top left under your current avatar (
120x120px-LS-aa21507e_avatar-340-1.png
) it should say Replace Avatar, if you click on it it should say choose file where you would choose a picture from your computer.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom