New to Country Life and Chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by w8tn4fresheggs, Mar 24, 2007.

1. w8tn4fresheggs

w8tn4fresheggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the country life as of May of last year. New to chickens, hopefully in a few weeks. My coop is arriving soon and the chicks hopefully shortly after.

Made it to the new board, from the old one. I just posted my picture on the other site a while back, before all the changes. Have been reading and learning for quite some time. I love the site and the people. I just happen to be quiet. Besides, I don't have chickens yet to be able to share or ask questions!

I have a few questions regarding chicks and starting them out. So I will post there.

Hope to get to know you all a little bit better and keep to learning. This is a great website and board.

Steph

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi there, nice to have ya [​IMG]

Miriam

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Steph, Welcome to BYC. Lots of help here when you need it. Chicken people love to help each other out.

bigzio

4. Mechanic1987

Mechanic1987 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Anniston, Ala.
    Welcome: [​IMG] I am new also, but the help that others have replied to my post have been great. If you have any questions folks here will be glad to help. It's nice to have a forum of helpful and polite people, I know you will enjoy your chickens and the forum.
    Have a great day
    Some Pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

5. w8tn4fresheggs

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Cute photos. Thanks for sharing. That will be me in another week or so. Steph

6. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Welcome Steph! This place is great! You will never have a question go unanswered. A lot of newbies here, like me. But once you get started, I warn you, you get the fever BAD! I am already attempting hatching chicks. Just got my babies 4 weeks ago. There should be a place for us to get help. Chickens Anonymous!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  7. w8tn4fresheggs

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the warm welcome foghorn.

Yes, I already have visions in my head of sharing a hen with a friends roo, just so I can at least have her or an incubator hatch out a batch sometime in the future.
    Steph

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by