New to crowing :-)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by yadaguhtoo, Aug 21, 2011.

1. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    Well my Lavender roo "Rowdy" started to crow this morning....well sort of....the poor thing sounds pitiful so far, it really is a funny sound but very neat at the same time :)

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just like a teenage boy with his cracking voice. [​IMG]

3. I <3 my EEs

I <3 my EEs Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Lancaster
    [​IMG] thats how my roo is.. we thought he was a hen though... quite quiet though

4. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    I had 4 chicks turn out to be roos. "Peggy" was the last to crow, I kept hoping that one would be a hen... I loved listening to them trying out their voices, every day they would get stronger, or more "on key". Now, we can tell them apart by their crows. (We kept 2, gave 2 away)

5. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    My Bruno is the same way took till week 16 for him to crow. I actually made a video cause I thought it was so funny.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair &amp; Feathers

Quote:I have eleven known roosters (some youngsters haven't quite matured enough yet to know for sure if they are pullets or cockerels).
    Two of those have not yet crowed. The other nine are easily recognized by their crowing, except the two Silver Sebrights, Alex and George, which sound really, really similar. George is the most frequent crower, though.

I keep wanting to hear the two boys who should be crowing by now, but aren't. I think they're trying not to draw attention to themselves.
    [​IMG]

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith &amp; Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Heres my Speckled Sussex's first crow! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. wsmoak

wsmoak Chillin' With My Peeps

I have eight out in the yard in a tractor that were hatched around June 26, and somebody has been trying to crow the last few mornings. DH said it started last week when I was out of town -- they're barely two months old!

-Wendy

9. I <3 my EEs

I <3 my EEs Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Lancaster
    Quote:haha thats awesome! its so cute ♥

10. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    Rowdy is still trying....so funny.....it's kind of like a high pitched "aaaaahhhh" I'm sure he will get it down in a few more days :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by