1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new to ducks but I have a problem

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tatma 43, Aug 29, 2014.

1. tatma 43

tatma 43 New Egg

Apr 2, 2014
    Delaware ohio
    Hello all,,, I am new to ducks and they have been doing well... I have a nest full of eggs but I got home last night to a terrible thing... My son let them out to get their daily swim and feed them when he got home from school and when I got home two two females were gone completely and one was laying in yard. Coyotes dont come to property during the day and I found what looks like falcon feathers in the yard. So I have all these eggs and no female to sit on them,. How can I tell if they are viable I was not expecting this so I dont have an incubator.

2. TamingMaster

TamingMaster Overrun With Chickens

How long have the females been sitting on them?

3. tatma 43

tatma 43 New Egg

Apr 2, 2014
    Delaware ohio
    sorry internet issues.... they sat on them for a week. I had never had ducks so I wasnt sure if I should collect them like chicken eggs or what. Now they are gone and I collected them up last night and got 30 eggs. I candled them but didnt see anything. Only the yoke. I am pretty sure they are no good anymore as they sat out for that long. they were in the shade all the time and under hay so I guess I will have to try again with the next females I get.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by