New to flocking

OhioClucker

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 2, 2013
Hi everyone!
I am completely new to having a flock! I have 6 chicks. 2 ISA pullets, two silky bantams, a non silky bantam (??), and a black chick that for the life of myself and my husband we can NOT recall the breed! However, we call him Batman. (He's rules the roost which is why I call him "him").
So another new comer fail, besides not knowing the breed of my two chicks, is I have no clue how old they are! We bought them from a local ag store. We have had them for almost three weeks now and they have grown a lot! This week they have started eating non stop. I am feeding them medicated crumbles which was recommended to me by the store.
Pretty much I am up for ANY and ALL advice! I try to read up on them daily, but that doesn't always happen. This site always comes up when I look for information so I figured I might was well join!
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC! They were probably only a few days old when you get them if they had no feathers.

They all had feathers when I got them. At what point in time do they not need to be under the heat light all the time?

Back
Top Bottom