New to forum and chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LittleGals3, Jan 24, 2010.

1. LittleGals3

LittleGals3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2010
    Caldwell, TX
    Hi all...

I just ordered my first chickens! 10 silkies due to ship on 2/3 and I'm so excited! Of course I keep telling everyone they are for my girls but secretly they are really for me..lol.

A bit about us...My DH and I have 3 beautiful girls, ages 13, 9, & 8 and we homeschool all three. I'm a Girl Scout volunteer, well with 3 girls what else could I do right? We live in Caldwell Tx (Kolache capital of Texas), about 45mins from Ideal.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about our new arrivals [​IMG]

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from a fellow homeschooling momma! [​IMG] Just keep convincing yourself the chicks are for your kids. [​IMG]

3. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens!!!!

Have you started building your coop yet?
    Be sure to visit our coop building section for some ideas.

4. [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    From, VA

I know you will enjoy this forum a lot [​IMG]

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    [​IMG] from Indiana! You'll love the chicken! They're so much fun! We were new to chickens last year, now we're regular chicken addicts! My kids joined 4h this year too... You're girls are going to have the time of their lives! Good Luck & Congrats! [​IMG]

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Arkansas! You'll LOVE:love your chickens!! The first hatch.......they gotcha!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

congrats on the chicks

Imp

8. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Welcome welcome welcome!!! I do hope you read the warning about how addictive this website and raising chickens are. I can just see it now, as your girls get started on their daily schooling the teacher will be at her desk reading about chickens [​IMG]. If you get caught you can just say you are researching a new lesson plan. [​IMG]

9. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SunshineSteedFarm

SunshineSteedFarm Seramatching Equestrian

Aug 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Hello and [​IMG] You are gonna love it here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by