New to forum and pictures of my chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JenniferJoIN, Sep 11, 2007.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but very excited about my new hobby! [​IMG] Here are some pictuers of our chicks. We have 11 girls (a brown-egg laying assortment), 1 roo (a silver wyandotte), and 1 'mystery' chicken. If you can tell what these chicks are, let me know b/c I'm still guessing!

This is when they first arrived:
    [​IMG]

Getting used to their new home... (It's an old rabbit cage I had that they are quickly growing out of! Any suggestions of breeds is appreciated!
    [​IMG]

I was thinking the yellow one is a BO, but what is the one on the left?
    [​IMG]

Our pekepoo, Jolee, trying to figure out what the heck they are!
    [​IMG]

A sky-view shot...
    [​IMG]

Our pekepoo again... she gets a kick out of watching them.
    [​IMG]

One of my 15-year old turtles.
    [​IMG]

One of the friendly ones... Is it a RIR?
    [​IMG]

My babies are only 6 days old and they're already feathering! I love this chicks coloring... but what breed is she?
    [​IMG]

I hope the black and white one is a barred rock, any ideas?
    [​IMG]

A cute one... they're so curious!
    [​IMG]

The RIR loves the camera!
    [​IMG]

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Looks like you might have 2 Rhode Island Reds. I'm not sure about the rest of them though. Congratulations!! My new chicks are coming soon. Hopefully my flock now will accept them when they get older! Good Luck!! [​IMG]

3. schlitch

schlitch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Congrats, Mine are 6 days old today from Ideal, where did you get yours?

Your RIR look just like my two and it looks like you have 4 that are Easter Eggers (Ameraucana - Ideal called mine), even though you said brown egg layers. I also got 2 black australorps, but as yours only are images from above for those I can't be sure if they are or not.

The 2 light colored ones, I have no idea. I received a delaware that looks like the lightest one and a golden sex link that looks like the other more yellowish one. But they may have to grow up some before you can confirm what they are.

You can see mine in the Biddy Brooder link below.

4. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    It may have been your chicks that I saw and noticed that we had very similiar looking chicks!

I actually got mine through Meyer Hatchery. And I accidentedly posted this message twice, so on the other post, people were guessing that I had the Easter Eggers, but someone else said that since they didn't have green legs, they wouldn't be, or something like that. So I may just have to wait and see. Argh! [​IMG]

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

The black one looks like an Australorp. The brown striped ones look like EE, but if they are brown egg layers, they may be Welsummer - not sure.

6. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    The black one with the white dot on its head maybe a barred rock?? puts me in mind of mine when they were babies..

7. cristina33

cristina33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    ma
    Cute Chicks! I would take them off the newspaper and use paper towels. They can get spradle leg (sp). They sure are cute and lots of fun.
    Take Care
    Cristina

8. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I did the paper towel-thing right after I took this picture. I was just too darn excited to think straight! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by