New to forum and the chicken world

summerb

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 6, 2014
Hi everyone! My name is Summer and I'm a first time chicken owner. We have 3- Priscilla Rapunzel (barred rock), Lucy (silkie-who appears to be a Luke so will be finding a new home) and Ethel (americana). I also have 2 kids (5 & 2 years old) who love on our chickens. Growing up my grandmother always had chickens and I'm so excited to finally have some of my own and bring a little bit of the country to these city kids.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a cute little flock, love the name Priscilla Rapunzel! Sorry Lucy turned out to be a Luke.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Do I sense an I Love Lucy fan here? :eek:) We love that show and have them all on DVDs. We also have a chicken named Rapunzel. My granddaughter names our hens after Disney princesses. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Silkies are very hard to sex before 4-5 mos. old and sometimes not till they lay or crow.

If anyone tries to sell you one as a pullet before then I would regard them with great suspicion.

Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom