New to Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickmchickie, Jul 8, 2011.

1. chickmchickie

chickmchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    Since i been here a few days, and not really anyone has said hello to me i thought maybe t was cause i didn't post here.. so here i go lol

My name is Tami MacLeod, i am now in ely mn. I was born in Germany then lived in Iceland, UK, Scotland.. which is my family's castle Dunvegan, on the Isle of Skye, i also lived in NZ and a few more places, I was an army brat and we moved every 2 years when i was a kid. German was my first lang then Icelandic then Gaelic and then English, so if i dont make sense you know why hahahha.
    I have 2 yellow labs, my female is a dock dog and is seen on ESPN some times. I have one ferret my other passed away at 7 years old. 2 Russian tortoises both male, one cat named Charliee, female.. and Monday july 11th a mum to 25 chicks.

I have one son Ryan, hes 21, my daughter Heather passed away march 24th 2011, from cancer, she fought it for 17 years, she was 2 when she first got cancer.

Lets see.. oh i think that is about it, i am sure you will see me around tons, asking questions and maybe i can even help with some answers too.

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    [​IMG] Have you kept chickens prior to this? So sorry to hear about your daughter, I watched a close family friend of ours go through this, and only can send you condolences and peace. Glad you are here.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG] Wow, Heather fought a long hard battle, huh?

(I want to speak Gaelic)..

[​IMG]

4. chickmchickie

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    Quote:yes at another place when i used to live.. but this is my first time starting with chicks.. its goign to be fun.. thank you and nice to meet you..

5. chickmchickie

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    Quote:yeah she did.. 12 years on chemo and 35 treatments of radation at 3 years old.. and gamma ray and all that.. Mayo said Christmas of 92 would be her last.. she fought till her body gave out.

I stayed in corpus for 6 months it was fun down there.. i loved south padre island..

6. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome to the site I am also new here. Sorry for your loss our prayers are with you.
    builderone

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. Sorry for your loss.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. So sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one. You are in our prayers. [​IMG]

9. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    welcome!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that our prayers are with you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by