New to group, North Dakota

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Frosty, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Hi, I am new here and will spend some time lurking and feeling my way around the site (looks like a GREAT group!) How many others are in North Dakota? I have seen one so far... I am addicted to poultry. I have chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys (still trying to talk DH into peafowl [​IMG] Anyhow, just wanted to wave Hi!

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Hello, and welcome to BYC! I'm in Mississippi, but I'm sure you'll find other members near you on here (and at ALL hours of the day). [​IMG]

3. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Hello, Frosty, and a big Buckeye welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

4. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    hey frosty, finally some one else from ND.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Welcome to BYC Frosty! I think we're getting some wind from your state today... it's blowing fiercely from that NE... there's some people down in Arizona getting some of our trash today:gig

6. Ladyfry

Ladyfry Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    HI, I am in ND too! [​IMG] I live up north of Minot. [​IMG] Good to see a fellow North Dakotan on the board! I don't come on here very often, but I will subscribe to this post. [​IMG] Where abouts in ND are you?

7. babiestwo

babiestwo New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    Baldwin, ND
    Hi,

I'm from North Dakota, too. I just registered yesterday. I live north of Bismarck.

8. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    I all you NDers! I'm a mile from the Red but on the other side of the river in MN !

9. Ladyfry

Ladyfry Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2008
    It is nice to see some people a bit closer than the atlantic ocean! I have 20 RIR hens, and 16 guineas right now. [​IMG] What kinds of chickens do the rest of you have?

10. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I was gettin worried, I looked in the APA yearbook and there are 2 members from ND. I have been wanting to move to ND for about 2 or 3 years. I have been thinking the eastern side of the state, seems more green.
    What do all of you North Dakotans like and dislike about your state? Would you recomend it or say 'stay away'? I am used to harsh winters and hot summers here in Northeastern Washington. What else should I know about your state?

Michael

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by