New to group

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by channon, Jan 25, 2011.

1. channon

channon New Egg

Jan 25, 2011
    I am new to this group, we have a peacock, but he is really miserable because his mate died and I have had no luck at all finding another one. He is in an aviary right now because he has a nasty habit of attacking people and I do not know how to stop him from doing so,

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] from Arkansas. Don't know what to tell you on your peacockj, never have had them. If he was around here with that attitude he'd get eatten.

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]

Sorry about your pea, don't know anything about them attacking but i am sure someone here has delt with this before.

Got any photos of your Peas to share?

4. john in wa

john in wa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    I seen this on another post and i think some great peafowl owner said to use a old broom and when he comes at you to give him a wack or two. Dont think it will take more than a day or two for him to learn to leave you alone. just dont wack him like your hitting a ball don't want to kill him..

5. channon

channon New Egg

Jan 25, 2011
    Actually, he does not attack me, just other people, primarily men. The aggressiveness seems to have started when he lost his mate so maybe that has something to do with it.

6. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
  7. channon

channon New Egg

Jan 25, 2011
    Thanks deerman, if I could figure out how to contact them I would, no phone number or address.

8. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I couldn't find Bob Tillisch but I just PM'd you Olynda Wylie's phone number.
    www.switchboard.com where I found info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by