New to hatching and need help as to position in lock down thanks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by plum14, Oct 3, 2018.

1. plum14

plum14 In the Brooder

Oct 3, 2018
    LS16 9ET
    I have a little serama egg which is on day 18 and going into lockdown but the air sac is a bit wonky and want to know if I have any chance of this hatching by itself and if the position of it is ok in the incubator.

I have a two week old baby waiting for a sibling....

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Rick M likes this.
  2. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds!

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Looks fine! Was it a shipped egg? Or maybe it looks wonky because it has drawn down some already? Seramas can hatch a little early sometimes.

I like to use rubber shelf liner under my eggs, especially tiny bantams, for the safety of their feet (and in case any hatch with slightly open bellies) that plastic grid can be hard on them. But if this is your only egg, should be ok.

Good luck!!

Rick M likes this.
  3. plum14

plum14 In the Brooder

Oct 3, 2018
    LS16 9ET
    Yes it was a shipped egg. I set 6 and 2 looked to be doing good, but one of them the air sac stopped growing and no movement for last 2 days. My last serama hatched on day 20 so Friday could be the day for this little one....

WVduckchick likes this.
  4. plum14

plum14 In the Brooder

Oct 3, 2018
    LS16 9ET
    Sadly it looks like my one lonely egg is not going to hatch. We can shine a light through the top of the incubator onto the egg and there is no movement at all last night or this evening. Hatch day was meant to be tomorrow :hit

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: