New to here from Upstate South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by aurorabev, Jun 22, 2008.

1. aurorabev

aurorabev Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2008
    Inman, sc
    Hey new to the forum.. I am from upstate SC. I never thought I would be raising babies again. The last time I had babies was when I was a kid growing up on a farm. Sure hope everything comes back to me. The babies will be here this week. Anyone else from UPstate SC?

Beverly
    ak Aurorabev
    [​IMG]

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Hi Beverly![​IMG]
    There are a bunch of us around the upstate area. We have a thread on the SC people but you may have go down the page or over a page to find it as we talk in sporadic snatches.
    I have been over to a few people's homes for eggs or chicks or just chicken talk so we do like to be friendly.[​IMG]
    I'm north of Greer near the NC state line. I can actually see the NC mountains from my windows.
    We have almost 100 chicks and chickens at this time.
    How many chicks are you getting? What kind are you getting? Going for meat or eggs or dual purpose?
    There are lots of great posts on this forum that give tons of info so anything you to refreshen in your mind can be found here.
    Have fun and good luck!

3. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Aiken, here.
    Why does everyone call them babies?

4. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Because they are sweet, cute little babies. Till they grow up and we eat them![​IMG]

Hey, Elderoo, love your sig but I would add O'Reilly as vice pres! And Limbaugh and Hannady in Supreme Court!

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Because they are sweet, cute little babies. Till they grow up and we eat them!

Hey, Elderoo, love your sig but I would add O'Reilly as vice pres! And Limbaugh and Hannady in Supreme Court!

Yeah, I've been around chickens for more than a few years now. TO this day, I can't see them as babies. I hatch them and feed them and when they are little they are cute, Ill give you that.
    But then I look at them and remember what they are - and what they will become.

I only asked to be polite.
    Welcome to all the Palmetto Staters, wherever you are.

PS As for Mr. Beck. Well, I'd prefer Teddy Roosevelt would come back. Since 'Ol Roughrider is played out, Glenn will do. Whomever he chose to appoint would be alright by me.​

6. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I am from Westminster, SC. I have had chickens most of my life but am just now getting into them a little more as far as incubating eggs, selling eggs etc....

7. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]

I'm from Greenville near Paris Mountain State Park~~Love it Here (well, except maybe the Humidity!! [​IMG] )

8. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Hey cool, chickens4jojo!
    I was born and raised right there at Paris Elementary school! My bro still lives there, too. Went to church at Piedmont Park United Methodist Church for about 30 years. Rode horses all through State Park back in the 70's.
    Yeah, the humidity is horrid and I live closer to the mountains now. Still isn't cool but at least we have a breeze. Wait till August. That's the worst.[​IMG]

9. aurorabev

aurorabev Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2008
    Inman, sc
    lol. Yeah they are cute little babies right now. Supper later. I just got 30 from Murray McMurray on Monday. One of them didn't make it. But I can't complain; one is better than all. We got them for dual use. We got Orpingtons, Brahmas, Australorps, Blue Andaluians and hubby got some phoenixes. I told our sons they couldn't name them. Which lead to a big fuss. So they get to name one and that is it. lol.

Nadine I can see those mountains too. I am at Lake Bowen in Inman. So we are not that far apart. I will have to look for the thread.

Does anyone know if you need a business license to sell eggs in the upstate or not? Because in a few months I am going to have eggs coming out my ..... ears.... lol....

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. HOpe too talk soon.

Beverly
    [​IMG]

10. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Welcome to BYC from a neigbor just North of ya!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by