New to it all

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by OSDad, Jun 28, 2016.

1. OSDad

OSDad Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2016
    Nova Scotia, CANADA
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this whole world and am very exited about it.

We recently moved back to the area I grew up and built a house on a 6 acre property my folks gave us.

I made the decision we were getting into rising some chickens

I started researching and built a coop and run and now have a flock started with 4 Easter Egger Chicks.

Any tips would be great

Below is my watering system, A garden hose feeds into a toilet float valve in the bucket rising the water level and shutting it off at 8 liters. it is then gravity fed to the outdoor and indoor piping with poultry water nipples.
    . [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my bird dog Skye. She is a sweetie but instinct drives her. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her!

.[​IMG]

My daughter and nieces with a chick
    [​IMG]

Large run and coop for a growing flock
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where my winter water system will go. I have power for a agitating pump and heater when it gets cold. It also powers the timer light in the coop to extend light hours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 Large cleanout and access doors. The coop is a perfect height for my garden tractor trailer to haul away the manure

[​IMG]
    I have since added another roost, you can also see my nesting boxes on the opposite side.
    [​IMG]

2. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    Looks pretty awesome! Good Job
    and of course
    [​IMG]

lots of friendly helpful people on here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by