1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

New to Keets, DH brought these little ones home

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by WKYChick, Jun 6, 2011.

1. WKYChick

WKYChick Chirping

May 10, 2011
    I did my research and got an area ready for them but I was wondering if you can tell age and what kind of keets they are, I read you can't really tell male/female til about 5-6 wks by their call

Here is a picture of them, DH bought them from TSC, the workers there do not know the ages, I was hoping for a ball park age so I can care for them better [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you all for your help!

2. Cutie pie little pearl grays. A week or so old is my guess. Congratulations! You have them under a lamp?

Do not underestimate their abilities! Make sure they are secure!

3. argo

argo In the Brooder

Dec 30, 2009
    Aren't keets sooooo cute. I would say they are under a week old. To double check the coloring check out www.guineafowlinternational.com
    They have some very good info. Hope you have fun with your babies. I think I'm up to about 20 adults now, I just love their antics. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. WKYChick

WKYChick Chirping

May 10, 2011
    Thank you both for responding, yes they are secured and under a lamp [​IMG] I just can't get over how adorable they are and tiny! [​IMG]

oh and thank you for the link, I will go there right now and enjoy the site!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by