New to Macclenny, Fl

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by OliveoilsEggMarket, Jan 22, 2019.

1. OliveoilsEggMarket

OliveoilsEggMarket Hatching

Jan 22, 2019
    Hi this is OliveOilsEggMarket here, new to the state of Florida! The can or can’t ordinance in this town of Macclenny, Fl is very vague. And we are searching for someone on here who is from Macclenny, Fl. We are Living temporarily in Jacksonville I know you can in Jacksonville, but not in our RV Park! We will be on the very edge of city limits next to forest land. We want 3 hens chickens and No rooster! Love those Farm fresh eggs !
    We are getting ready to close on a home. So cud someone help me out asap...

Thank you so much

2. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Crowing

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    My Coop
    Post a link to the ordinances you're looking at, or copy/paste it verbatim here.

Since it sounds like you're looking at a property at the edge of the city make sure the ordinances you're posting/linking actually cover that specific property.

3. OliveoilsEggMarket

Jan 22, 2019
    Yes, my husband found the ordinance stating you can but 100 feet away from neighbor - we found out it will be just fine. No Rooster, never planned on one. Just 3 hens limite 5-7 ! So yeah, we are set!!!

4. rosemarythyme

rosemarythyme Crowing

Jul 3, 2016
    Pac NW
    My Coop
    Excellent, best of luck with your new flock.

OliveoilsEggMarket likes this.
  5. WindingRoad

WindingRoad Songster

Nov 21, 2018
    Maine
    Go to your city/town office and ask them. Quicker that an internet search.

6. Stacinfl

Stacinfl Chirping

Feb 22, 2018
    N. Florida
    hi there- I'm not too close to you but same region- there's a few great regional facebook groups that i'm in- I see lots of Macclenny people in there, northeast florida farm and garden swap is one- I can look and see what else I can find for you

7. OliveoilsEggMarket

Jan 22, 2019
    That would be fantastic and appreciated this so much! Thank you !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: