New to Manchester TN

Frankm

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2015
Manchester TN
Hi I moved to Manchester last year from S.Fla. I'm new to raising chickens I have about 40 that I bought from Tractor Supply, Barred rock, Road Island Reds and a few other mixes. I just bought a pair of Polish Laced at the fair, I love them and I think I would like to get some other fancy type chickens. My problem is I have 3 Road Island red and 2 Barred Rock roosters, I like having roosters, i think the are so beautiful, One of the Barred Rocks is kinda mean but they all get along with each other but I feel I should get rid of a couple of them and not sure how to. People tell me to eat them but I have them more as pets and as a hobby. I like giving eggs to my coworkers. I would like to find someone close to me that would like them or maybe trade and educate me more on raising chickens.
Thanks, Frank

Welcome to BYC, Frank. Glad you decided to join our flock. You can always list the birds you want to remove from your flock on Craigslist. You can also talk to your local feed store. They may know of someone who would like to have them. They may even have a bulletin board you can advertise them on. You might also try checking with your local 4h. Some of the students might like to have them. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

Hi Frank,
welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to hear from someone that enjoys their roosters. It is easy to get too many though since 1 roo can handle 10 hens and over-breeding can cause injuries. Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade section of BYC (that also has a free rehoming place to post):
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Get involved in some of the discussions, post a question, or welcome some other newcomers and you'll have the 20 minimum post necessary in no time.

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom