New to NYC and to chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenKaren, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ChickenKaren

ChickenKaren New Egg

Jan 12, 2017
    Rice, VA
    I just started raising chickens about 9 months ago. My first set of hens have finally started laying just this past week. It is so exciting to see how far they've come.

I look forward to learning all I can with the help of all my fellow chicken raisers here. I really have lots of questions. Thanks in advance.

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on getting your eggs this past week.

Nice to have you here!

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Go to the Learning Center .. above, in the brown things to click on. Also go to your state thread! You will find a lot of folks there with chickens too. Maybe some in your area!
    Hey, I used to live in Stephen City, and Winchester...yeeeaars ago. :D

WELCOME!!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. aapoole

aapoole Just Hatched

Jan 12, 2017
    South Carolina
    Hi,I am new here and this is first time I incubated and hatched quail eggs. I wasn't expecting them until this Friday, however day before yesterday when I went to add water to incubator all 10 eggs were hatched. I have one I am very concerned about though. It's been 2 days and he can't stand. He scoots around with the rest of them but his tiny toes are bent up they haven't straighten out and he still has the dry "umbilical cord" attached to bottom. Any ideas what's wrong with him??

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    There are ways to correct feet/toes on baby chicks. The sooner started the better the outcome. Put "how to correct crooked toes," in searchbox - articles should pop up.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Thanks for joining BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by