new to Orange county FL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by salasadi, Aug 25, 2010.

1. salasadi

salasadi New Egg

Aug 25, 2010
    Hello,
    I purchase new home in Rural farmland area, just outside Orlando. the zoning is A-2, which is not say much. I try to search it online or in the county website but could not find any answer. I know for fact hores are a allowed!
    I have an acre lost and would like to raise chickens for egg, but not sure if that is allowed in my area. my left acre, and right acre as well as the back acre are empty. I appreciated if anyone knows about the zoning of this area called "Cape Orlando" or "Rocket City" or know the zoning rules. I wish this area allow cjhickens and goats [​IMG]
    if the chickens allowed then I would have many other questions

Thanks

2. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

3. Bronkzilla

Bronkzilla Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Florida
    Hi,
    I know the area well, sounds like wedge field. If you are outside on 520 then you are fine, sr 50 also fine. A2 is livestock. so chickens , goats, cattle, all fine. I also live in E.Orange County. Have for the past 25 yrs. So have at it. But be sure you are not inside Wedge Field sub division, as you will be restricted by a homeowners ass., so long as you are not in an area with a home owners association you are covered by the A-2 (agriculture livestock) zoning. Good luck, and welcome to the BYC

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. salasadi

salasadi New Egg

Aug 25, 2010
    hi Bronkzilla ,
    thanks for your respond and the great news. No I did not live in wedgfield area, I live off Dallas BLVD right behind wedgefield. No HOA BS, I chose to live that far to avoid the rip off of them [​IMG] I thought A-2 means 1 house per acre and allow only hores, but you gave me great news. If I want to buy my chicks where to go for reputable vendors in the area. also, do I build my my coop or purchase it fronm specific place?

6. Bronkzilla

Bronkzilla Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Florida
    Great to hear your free from HOA. I built our coop, I'm up off SR 50 not very far from you. You are welcome to visit our little farm (my wife & I) we have 5 acres. It's not too hard to put together a coop, and it's no big deal to get the stuff needed. I have extra chicken wire, also I built a bigger run and enclosed the top as the birds started to fly over the fence once they got about 4 mnths or so. I have some metal fence poles and some simple tips you may find helpful, since we are in Central Florida, it's a little different with the temps and rain. If you would like to chat, you may call or stop by our office. We are across from the Amazon Village Mall, & Krystal Burgers just past Walmart on the right coming from the east. It' Branco Tansportation Co. the # @ the office is 407-277-9016 I would be happy to share what we've learned and what I remember from the farm I grew up on back north. We are also going to get a few goats, so I'll tell you what I found on that as well. Good luck in any event, and stay dry. Bronkzilla & Patty (the chicken lady)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by