1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to Poulty Shows In Washington State

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by taylorgirl6, Jan 7, 2010.

1. taylorgirl6

taylorgirl6 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    Are there any other chicken-lovers in western Washington who attend poultry fairs and shows? This is the first year I've had chickens, and I'd love to participate in a local show, but I don't even know where to begin. I've seen that the Cascade Poultry Show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe will be on March 20th this year, but before I enter one of our girls, I'd like to know what's expected of a chicken-showing participant. Thanks!

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Do some research on here under the "Breeds, Genetics & Showing" section...lots of good info there! Also, you can post pics of your birds and get everyone's opinion of their quality... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. Nyrial

Nyrial Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Hi there taylorgirl6. There are many of us in Western Washington. Come say hello at the Washingtonians thread, under "where am I? Where are you!" section.

I can think of a couple people offhand who are breeding for show quality there as well, and others who are looking at getting into showing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by