New to Quail And the Forum

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ScoutingInTheWoods, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ScoutingInTheWoods

ScoutingInTheWoods Chirping

Jul 15, 2019
    Idaho
    Hey everyone i just did a bit of research on Quail and think it would be interesting to breed and raise them for eggs and meat. But i think introducing them to the wild would be cool too. (Could you do that?) Some of my hobbies are fishing,Fly fishing and tying,hiking,camping, Sling Shots,YouTube (ScoutingInTheWoods ) ,and scouts. I have two dogs. I do not have any chickens or birds right now but i did have 12 about 4 years ago. But when i moved be had to get rid of them. So one question i have is are male quail loud and could you have most of them in a neighborhood.

sourland and Meg-in-MT like this.
  2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I would advise against releasing birds into the wild.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

3. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Crossing the Road

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frow

Best wishes with the quail!

Feel free to check out the links below for some interesting reading. Good luck on your adventures!

ScoutingInTheWoods and sourland like this.
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined our community. Reintroducing pen raised quail to the wild can be problematic with a low success rate due to predation.

ScoutingInTheWoods likes this.
  5. ScoutingInTheWoods

ScoutingInTheWoods Chirping

Jul 15, 2019
    Idaho
    Thanks everyone for the info

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: