new to quail, what colors do i have

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Sillystunt, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Well i hatched out 4 courtix quail and one passed away [​IMG]

I have 3 and was wondering if anyone knew what colors i have. One is yellowish all over, one is gold/brown feathering, the other is a tuxedo feathers have brown/red

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    1 each of white, brown, and tuxedo.

3. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    how can i sex them in the future.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You can sex the brown around 2-3 weeks old, if the breast feathers are spotted it's a female. If they are solid gold or rust colored it's a male. The other two have to be vent sexed, and this time of year, unless you keep them inside, that probably won't be possible till spring. If they're inside, then around 5-8 weeks old they'll start crowing if they're male.

5. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:Alrighty, then the brown chest is spotted but belly is all gold. SOooooooo a girl? LOL

I am gonna keep them inside for a while. I would say they are 5 weeks old. I will have to youtube their crow. When do they start laying?

I got 2 buttons as well. One blue/grey and one white....LOL My daughter couldn't resist

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:Alrighty, then the brown chest is spotted but belly is all gold. SOooooooo a girl? LOL

I am gonna keep them inside for a while. I would say they are 5 weeks old. I will have to youtube their crow. When do they start laying?

I got 2 buttons as well. One blue/grey and one white....LOL My daughter couldn't resist

7. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:Alrighty, then the brown chest is spotted but belly is all gold. SOooooooo a girl? LOL I am gonna keep them inside for a while. I would say they are 5 weeks old. I will have to youtube their crow. When do they start laying? I got 2 buttons as well. One blue/grey and one white....LOL My daughter couldn't resist

?

8. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Hey sillystunt!
    I got 6 coturnix quail today from the swap! (5 females and a male!)
    2 are white, She said i have a rosetta and tuxedo and brown and idk what else. I like them though they are friendly [​IMG]

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Sorry I Was Just About To Say That Its Way Too Early To Tell Sex And Re-read Your Post And Saw It Said They Are About 5 Wks Old---- So I Edited The Response( Bear With Me I Have Been Moving Birds And Pens All Day...). My Brain As Well As My Body Is Tired...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by