New to Raising Chickens in NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by amerzshaw, Feb 8, 2017.

1. amerzshaw

amerzshaw Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2017
    North Carolina
    Hi All! I just joined BYC a few days ago, and I have been reading posts constantly ever since. My husband and I have a house on 12 acres in NC, and two young kids. We are planning to start up a garden and have four EE pullets we will be picking up next month, which are our first chickens. I say first because I am quickly becoming obsessed! Looking forward to talking with you all.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

We are so glad you could join our community! You have certainly come to the right place for all the fun and learning.

And make sure to stop by our Learning Center for lots of tips and hints on raising your new birds... https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You will find that you want MORE chickens in the future, LOL, so make sure to build the coop bigger than you think you need!

Make yourself at home here and ask any questions you may have.

Welcome to our roost! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, amerzshaw, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. amerzshaw

amerzshaw Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2017
    North Carolina
    Thank you! I have a feeling I will refer to that shortcut of info often [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under amerzshaw [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you and your flock when they arrive. That is a beautiful cat in your avatar!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Enjoy getting into chickens! Beautiful cat in your avatar

1 person likes this.
  8. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, howdy, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you decided to join the community, please do make yourself at home here! I am sure you will enjoy it, and I hope you love it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by