New to site and chicken farming

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sisters Farms, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Sisters Farms

Sisters Farms Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2014
    Cordova, alabama
    Hello everyone. I am Kellie and my sister is Tracie and we are Sister's Farms. We finally have our coop ready and want to buy some young hens. We are in the market for Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorp and/or Rhode Island Reds. We are in walker county Alabama

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Kellie and Tracie. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've had all three of those breeds and they are all good, hardy, dependable, good laying breeds. Buff Orpingtons and Black Australorps are very friendly, calm, and gentle birds. My children, and now my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) made lap pets of ours. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

You may want to check out your state thread, to see if anybody nearby has birds for sale: ALABAMA!!

When you get 20 posts, you can also post in the Buy-Sell-Trade section, and post that you want to buy some Orpingtons, Australorps, and Rhode Island Reds: Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade

Good luck in finding some birds!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the flock. If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. You may find people locally with the breeds you want and be able to forgo shipping.

7. Sisters Farms

Oct 18, 2014
    Cordova, alabama
    Thank you. I'll try that out

8. Sisters Farms

Oct 18, 2014
    Cordova, alabama

9. Sisters Farms

Oct 18, 2014
    Cordova, alabama
    Thank you. I'll try that out

10. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]Black Australorps are a great breed. I have some of them along with Barred Rocks, Black Sexlinks, and some mixed breeds. I can't wait to get some Buff Orps and Light Brahmas next spring. I don't think I'll be satisfied until I am overrun with chickens! They're addictive you know. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by