New to site and Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Southern star, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Southern star

Southern star New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and chickens. My family lives in south AL and we have 58 Cornish X we are raising to butcher next week! We are learning a lot and feel good about knowing where our food comes from. God bless!!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Good luck with all the butchering. I hear it is a bit daunting at first, but growing your own food is the best way to live. Good for you and good for the birds.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    wow - 58 Cornish x gonna take a lot of helpers to get that done. Welcome to BYC

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

6. Southern star

Southern star New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Pics to cone soon

7. redgirl

redgirl New Egg

Aug 11, 2014
    [​IMG]Hi everyone! I m new here...joined this site cuz my chicken is sick....six months old...today is the 4th day(since 8th august)...its poop was watery green for the first 2 days..was just sitting on the side..not standing on its legs neither eating or drinking...i was just feeding it water...then on some sites i read that it has Clostridium perfringens...so i have been giving it amoxicillin...its poop is thick green & white now (not watery anymore)..still not standing & today its eating...plz tell me if i m treating it right..& if my chicken is on the mend?...plz help

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi - you may want to go ahead and start your own thread in the "emergency/illness/disease" forum here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures - so that those that can help are not confused by it being mixed in with someone's introduction thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by