New to site and Chickens

Southern star

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 10, 2014
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and chickens. My family lives in south AL and we have 58 Cornish X we are raising to butcher next week! We are learning a lot and feel good about knowing where our food comes from. God bless!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Good luck with all the butchering. I hear it is a bit daunting at first, but growing your own food is the best way to live. Good for you and good for the birds.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Hi everyone! I m new here...joined this site cuz my chicken is sick....six months old...today is the 4th day(since 8th august)...its poop was watery green for the first 2 days..was just sitting on the side..not standing on its legs neither eating or drinking...i was just feeding it water...then on some sites i read that it has Clostridium perfringens...so i have been giving it amoxicillin...its poop is thick green & white now (not watery anymore)..still not standing & today its eating...plz tell me if i m treating it right..& if my chicken is on the mend?...plz help

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I m new here...joined this site cuz my chicken is sick....six months old...today is the 4th day(since 8th august)...its poop was watery green for the first 2 days..was just sitting on the side..not standing on its legs neither eating or drinking...i was just feeding it water...then on some sites i read that it has Clostridium perfringens...so i have been giving it amoxicillin...its poop is thick green & white now (not watery anymore)..still not standing & today its eating...plz tell me if i m treating it right..& if my chicken is on the mend?...plz help

Hi - you may want to go ahead and start your own thread in the "emergency/illness/disease" forum here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures - so that those that can help are not confused by it being mixed in with someone's introduction thread.

Back
Top Bottom