1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to site and to raising chickens here in NW

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pdxhockeygirl, Jan 13, 2015.

1. pdxhockeygirl

pdxhockeygirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2014
    Washougal, Washington
    I am new to site and I am have been lurking for a few weeks. I am sure I will be having many questions as I am new to the chicken world. I am very excited to get it started on the new adventure. I live in the NW and am anxious to get started!

2. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    Welcome to BYC!
    Glad you decided to join us!
    Were here ti help!

3. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Hello and welcome to the BYC![​IMG] You will find everything you need to know on this forum. If/when you have questions we are here to help! Have you decided on what breed/breeds you want?

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock!! Wishing you the very best of luck with your new adventure. Here is nice section of the learning centre if your just starting out with chickens, here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

Be sure to ask any questions you may have everyone here to help. Hope you enjoy BYC :frow

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] We're glad you joined us!

For lots of information on raising chickens, I would check out the Learning Center: Learning Center Articles Also, feel free to ask any specific questions that you have! We're all here to help.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] Definitely feel free to ask any of your questions- we'll all be happy to help in any way we can. Have you decided on what breeds you want yet?

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!!

Definitely stop by our learning center. BantamLover has left you with the link. All kinds of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

8. Corydg

Corydg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2015
    Battle Ground Washington
    Small world. I just joined 2 days ago after buyin my first chicks from a wonderful lady Pamela in Washougal. I'm already obsessing over the chickens. Sillies, Cochins, mixed mystery breeds and will be getting a couple Seramas in 2 weeks.
    Welcome neighbor. I live in Battle Ground.

9. pdxhockeygirl

pdxhockeygirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2014
    Washougal, Washington
    I am also in Washougal. Very small world.

10. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by