New to site/chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by onedoodle3, Jan 18, 2010.

1. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, everyone. My name is Kaye and I live in southeastern West Virginia. My plan is to get my chicken coop built (hopefully) early this spring, sooner if the weather will cooperate with me. I haven't decided on what kind of chickens I want to get yet, but I am leaning towards Dominiques, cochins and easter eggers, maybe a total of 20 to 30.

I stumbled across this site when I typed chicken coops into the search engine. I am very glad I did. I have not laughed so hard in a long time! I love the way the vast majority of members on this site are so upbeat, witty, and, in some cases, downright nutty. I mean no offense, as I have a really nutty sense of humor [​IMG]. It is nice to find a site like this instead of people being rude and calling others names. I look forward to learning a lot about raising chickens. I have already learned a lot about building the coop and run.

Thanks!!! [​IMG]
  2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    [​IMG] from ct.
  3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
  4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing

So glad you found us! This is a friendly site with lots of information and lots of fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have EE's (Easter Eggers), love them. I also have Rhode Islands, silkies, a barred rock and a game hen, a total of 10 chickens.
    Good luck getting your coop built!
  5. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

It is a great site!

I started with a mix of different breeds. It's interesting to see the different personalities oops i mean ...chickenalities!![​IMG]
  6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

[​IMG] from Washington... the real Washington [​IMG]

You're gonna love it here!
  7. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    [​IMG]from Nebraska, your gonna love it here!
  8. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    yeah this site is so much fun im new and i have already learned so much
  9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:That's us!

Welcome to the club!
  10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Kaye! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Its tons of fun here, and the laughs are great, as you have already found out! Enjoy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by