New to site/chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by onedoodle3, Jan 18, 2010.

1. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, everyone. My name is Kaye and I live in southeastern West Virginia. My plan is to get my chicken coop built (hopefully) early this spring, sooner if the weather will cooperate with me. I haven't decided on what kind of chickens I want to get yet, but I am leaning towards Dominiques, cochins and easter eggers, maybe a total of 20 to 30.

I stumbled across this site when I typed chicken coops into the ask.com search engine. I am very glad I did. I have not laughed so hard in a long time! I love the way the vast majority of members on this site are so upbeat, witty, and, in some cases, downright nutty. I mean no offense, as I have a really nutty sense of humor [​IMG]. It is nice to find a site like this instead of people being rude and calling others names. I look forward to learning a lot about raising chickens. I have already learned a lot about building the coop and run.

Thanks!!! [​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] from ct.

3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]

So glad you found us! This is a friendly site with lots of information and lots of fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have EE's (Easter Eggers), love them. I also have Rhode Islands, silkies, a barred rock and a game hen, a total of 10 chickens.
    Good luck getting your coop built!

5. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    It is a great site!

I started with a mix of different breeds. It's interesting to see the different personalities oops i mean ...chickenalities!![​IMG]

6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

[​IMG] from Washington... the real Washington [​IMG]

You're gonna love it here!

7. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    [​IMG]from Nebraska, your gonna love it here!

8. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    yeah this site is so much fun im new and i have already learned so much

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:That's us!

Welcome to the club!

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Kaye! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Its tons of fun here, and the laughs are great, as you have already found out! Enjoy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by