New to Site

hesklj2008

Chirping
Sep 20, 2015
Hello! I am new to this site in the sense of joining, but this is always the site I go to to have my questions answered. I live in Idaho and we have a flock that consists of white Cochins, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Brahma bantams, and a few sex links. Two Cochin roosters and a buff brahma rooster, all of whom coexist peacefully, and a cuckoo splash maran rooster who is horrible and has to be separated from everyone else. I love the chickens, the kids love them, and I am happy to be here!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) I'm practically your neighbor; NW Montana. You have a nice mix of breeds. Are your sex links Black or Red Sex Links? Both are laying machines, and you should get loads of eggs from those girls. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any specific questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

HI!!
frow.gif

We have three red sex link and one black. We got those specifically for their egg laying abilities, especially because we knew the Cochins are slow to lay!

welcome-byc.gif

We got 3 RSL's for our mixed flock for their egg laying too but they have some of the most entertaining personalities of all our chickens. They're like curious, ornery 3 year olds! I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.

Thanks for joining us!

this is our naughty rooster!

We love our BSL to pieces and the RSL's are like curious little toddlers. They all have their own personalities for sure!

Back
Top Bottom