New to St. Louis, where to get feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by flockof4, Sep 25, 2011.

1. flockof4

flockof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2010
    Webster Groves, MO
    My wife and I just moved to St. Louis and we can't find a good chicken store. I know there's gotta be one so I'm asking the BYC community if they know of one. We need to buy feed, straw, and all things chicken related. We bought a bag of feed from one store and it was totally infested with bugs. Any suggestions?

2. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    you could go to Rural King right there in Collinsville at 255 and collinsville road, or I am sure there is someplace out in St.charles, but I am not to sure about in the city anywhere, hope that helps,

3. RNM Chicks

RNM Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    Webster Groves, MO
    We are in Webster Groves too! I have 8 hens and we live south of 44, where are you? I go to Fenton Feed Mill and they are wonderful. In a pinch I go to O.K. Hatchery in Kirkwood on Argonne. [​IMG]

4. theghostandmrchicken

theghostandmrchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    I go to Bucheits (farm store) in Herculaneam. They sell feed at a reasonable price, it's a 20 minute drive from st.Louis.

I spend 30 minutes looking at the tools and farm equipment they have. Even though I have absolutely no need for any of it.

5. flockof4

flockof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2010
    Webster Groves, MO
    We are in Old Webster. Near the YMCA and the library. We bought a bag of feed at OK and it was infested with bugs. [​IMG] So we're looking for another place. We'll try Fenton. Thank you for the replies.

6. zyklonbetty

zyklonbetty Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis
    I had been going to buckheits (we are in imperial) but there is a feed store in imperial here off main street, it is family owned and amazing. once we started here we really havent been anywhere else. the website is http://www.themillatimperial.com/
    I had no idea there were so many people so close!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by