1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New To Tennessee

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by antoinettesvintage, Feb 23, 2008.

1. antoinettesvintage

antoinettesvintage New Egg

Feb 23, 2008
    Hello, I am new to Knoxville, TN and am looking for somewhere to purchase farm fresh free range chicken eggs. We just moved from New Hampshire where I grew my own egg and meat chickens but now am on a city lot and can no longer grown these wonderful food items. If any of you are in the Knoxville area and have eggs for sale or know of someone, I would be very interested...Thank you!!!!

Antoinette

2. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Wish I could help you but I'm quite a bit away from you. I've got 6 dozen right now I wish someone would buy.

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    YOu might try editing your post to state what you are looking for, that way if someone is close they will know to respond.
    Check your locaal laws, you just might be able to keep a hen or two in the city [​IMG]

4. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    There is a food co-op in Knoxville. I can not remember the name of it but I have been there. Its off of broadway I think. Also try in the section here where am I where are you and place a post for Knoxville TN. Also check listing in there for there is a tread start for TN that has the link to the poultry group where you could ask this question. The poultry group is all of TN it is a yahoo group and I know of at least one person in that area. Do a search here for TN and you will find alot out.

Good luck

5. Crittercountry

Crittercountry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2007
    Lenoir City, TN
    You may want to also post on craigslist under the farm and garden. I know a lot of our chicken customers from the feed store check it often and sell eggs.

6. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Quote:Glad to have you on BYC! I am just east of you in New Market, Tn.

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Howdy, neighbor! Welcome to BYC!!

Depending on where you are in Knoxville...
    There's a very nice guy that sells free-range grass fed beef, pork & chicken that also sells organic milk & free-range eggs. PM me if you'd like contact info.

I'd sell you some of mine, but I just offered them to a friend who's chickens are on meds.

8. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I am in Sevierville, which is not too far from Knoxville and the riding stable I work at raises free range eggs. you can email me if you're interested
    here is the stable website (doesn't mention the eggs yet, new venture)
    www.douglaslakestables.com

9. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I recommend www.grassorganic.com (located in Deer Lodge, TN). They make deliveries to Knoxville & Oak Ridge. Really nice people.
    Welcome to Tennessee and BYC! [​IMG]

10. jmc_123

jmc_123 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    I am in Knoxville but I don't know if you'd be interested but I have @ 3 dozen of eggs right now. They are all @ 3 days old and are all sizes and colors. My chickens feed on the yard, vegetable scraps and protein. And the eggs taste great too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by