New to the area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Thornius, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Thornius

Thornius New Egg

Jul 22, 2011
    Hi! My name is Nat Winston III. I just inherited a 77 acre farm from my mother, The Late Betty Sharp in Alexandria, TN, and plan to get poultry for the eggs. I am a retired, disabled 59-year-old widower, who LOVES Hunting, Fishing, Trappings, knitting, crochet , flintknapping and woodwork. I plan to live on the farm (it has TWO vacant houses!) and want to get started with poultry of all kinds. I especially like chickens, ducks, Guinea Fowl, and Peacocks. I will hunt rabbits and squirrels for food and Coyotes for fur and to reduce the population. I have two grown children and three grandchildren ages 5, 10, and 17. I will be living there with three cats, at least two dogs and rabbits. I LOVE rabbits (tame, as pets, Wild for food).I'm a little bizarre ( old-school hippy) But ABSOLUTELY love talking to people. MY land is steep-hilled and mostly lumber but I will clear the land ans sell some lumber and use some, the 30 acres of cedar I have, especiallly. I hunt with pellet guns, slingshots, blowguns, and spearthrowers and plan to get a crossbow for coyotes. I like to use quiet, short-range but high impact hunting weapons so as not to endanger and disturb people and livestock. I really want to come and get startedon getting poultry for eggs, (I don't care much for chicken to eat although I LOVE turkey, and their are tons of Wild Turkey on my place, I've seen several already. I currently live in Hermitage, but will be moving to Alexandria soon and be giving this house to my son and his family, and they will visit on weekends. LOVE this forum!

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] Glad you joined Nat! [​IMG]

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW. Hi, from big bear, you'll love all the info you get here! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Beaker Duck

Beaker Duck BYC's CUTE Travelling Mascot

Jul 22, 2011
    All Over
    Heckoooo Thornius!! You have such a wide range of hobbies! Blowgun and slingshot hunting sounds quite interesting!

5. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Hi Nat, welcome from the Pacific NW! [​IMG]

6. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG] from WI! Sounds like quite the wonderful place you got there [​IMG]

7. Jerseycoop