New To the Backyard

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by woolsheeplady08, Nov 5, 2013.

1. woolsheeplady08

woolsheeplady08 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2013
    Eastern, Colorado
    Hello everyone, I am new to the Backyard. I am very interested in this breed of chickens. I hand just run of the mill chickens growing up so I never worried about Showing them but now I an interested in that part too. And I thing that it would be a great project for my son along with his sheep showing. So to all you breeders give me everything you have in your knowledge bank. I am from Northeastern Colorado.
    Thanks
    Stephanie Z.

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

What breed are you talking about?

3. woolsheeplady08

Nov 5, 2013
    Eastern, Colorado
    Sorry Wayndotte's , I have fallen in love with the colors and would love to learn more and find some near by.

4. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

There are several Wyandotte threads here in the Breeds, Genetics and Showing section.
    There is a Wyandotte Breeder directory, a thread for Silver Laced Wyandotte, a thread for Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, a thread for Columbian Wyandotte and then there are Bantam Wyandotte threads. Also the CSU thread had a focus on Wyandotte earlier in the thread. You can use the "search this thread" option once you get to a thread and it will pop up.

Welcome to the world of Wyandotte. Where are you located?

5. woolsheeplady08

Nov 5, 2013
    Eastern, Colorado
    I am East of Denver , Colorado. Thank you for all the great info. Can't wait to get some of these beautiful birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by