New to the BYC flock

fabeledfarm

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 19, 2015
My husband and I have had chickens (ameraucanas, australorps, and several different bantams- silkies, old english game, sebrights, bearded d'uccle and d'anvers) for about 6 years. We are still learning... I will be picking up a new batch of day old chicks from McMurray Hatchery in a couple weeks. Both of us wanted to try different breeds this time so we are trying the Ornamental Layer Collection... Really excited to see what different breeds we end up with!! BYC has provided us with ideas and information for a while now. This is a great place to go for all things chicken!! We are excited to finally join the flock and hope to have many wonderful discussions with you all. I know we will continue to learn from you and hopefully we will be able to offer some of our experiences and ideas to help someone out in the future.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds) and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. I've ordered chicks from Murray McMurray on several occasions and have been happy with their birds and service. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock and in getting your chicks.

welcome-byc.gif
We're glad you joined us!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom