New to the chicken experience!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickencentral, Feb 15, 2013.

1. chickencentral

chickencentral New Egg

Feb 15, 2013
    Hello all BYC members, I am new to chickens but ran upon your website 6 months ago when we decided to get some backyard chickens. Through the whole process of designing our coop all the way till now this website has remained my main source for all things chicken. It is the best website on the web for learning everything you need to know. So I have finally decided to become a member. Our birds are 5 months old now and doing great!!! However the questions never seem to end. I love to read all the educational feeds and also the ones that are just for fun. I am glad to be a member of your elustrious group!!

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Welcome to BYC from California wine country in the Western Sierra Foothills!

As you've discovered, some of BYC isn't all about How Tos, or recommendations, or purely information - a great portion of BYC is simply the Community connection to other like-minded (and often very silly) folks. There are understanding, reassuring and challenging threads which keep me noodling around on BYC at all hours of the day. Some of my best friends are people I have never even met in person.

Glad you finally "joined" us!

4. [​IMG]

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on doing the ground work prior to getting your birds. Good luck with them, and welcome to BYC.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, chickencentral, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our flock! Glad you took the plunge and became a member! Good luck to you!

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by