New to the chicken raising world...can you help tell me what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moiphy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. moiphy

moiphy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    I bought 6 chicks from Tractor Supply on Sunday April 13th which is when the photos were taken as well. I was told 3 of them were 3 weeks and 3 were 2 weeks and that they were the featured breed (brahma) I now know they are probably not that old and absolutely not brahma. I am thinking they are White Leghorn and 3 of them might have been days old and 3 of them being maybe a week old. I would greatly appreciate any information.

I am having difficulties posting pictures will try again in a bit.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. moiphy

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. moiphy

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    If they are 4 months old now, you said pics in Dec, then they could probably be identified easier with up to date pictures.

5. smallcitychick

smallcitychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Central Washington
    I think you're certainly right about the ages of the chickens. The older bigger ones look to be about the same in feathering as my chicks and they're barely a week old, I would put them at about 2 weeks old at the oldest. And right again, definately not brahmas (no feathers on legs/feet). They definately look to be some kind of white bird, and white leghorn is as good a guess as any (sorry I'm not much help with breeds)

6. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    I know that TSC was selling some chicks that are a new breed called Tetra Tints..there is a thread on here about them. I have 3 that look just like yours.and they look alot like the tetra tint chicks posted on that thread..I think that they be white rocks cross or somehing. They feather out all white! They are just the cutest little chicks!

7. moiphy

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    Ruthless, I am sorry on the date I meant April 13th..I am not sure why December was on my mind. I just bought them and have been researching the breed they told me they were and figured out really quick they were wrong. I am not trying to guess age, gender, and breed! We are all enjoying them either way, but curiosity always gets the best of me and I like to be well informed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by