new to the chicken world! Help!

BruutalPoodle

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2015
South Georgia
I recently picked up six pullets from TSC by demand of my wife. I'm currently in the process of building their coop and it dawned on me that I have no idea what breed they are. I need some help guys and gals!

Hi &
welcome-byc.gif
! How old are your chicks? Maybe they are something else but, they look like they could be Cornish X which is a meat bird, not a egg layer. If you go to www.tractorsupply.com their website has a link to ordering chicks and it list the breeds they offer with pictures of what adult and chicks of each breed looks like.

Thank you for your help even though the news comes as a disappointment lol the employee who assisted us at TSC said they were egg laying pullets and I don't know any better. This is all very new to me.

Thank you guys for all the feedback. I guess when I know for sure what they are I'll try to sell them and get more. I just found out about a local livestock and poultry auction. I don't know anything about them really I just want some cool looking friendly chickens with good eggs. I'm trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can but there is so much to intake. I had no idea how much there is to the chicken world lol

Back
Top Bottom