New to the Chicken World-Rocklin, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MyPeeps&Me, Jun 14, 2011.

1. MyPeeps&Me

MyPeeps&Me Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Rocklin
    Good Morning Chicken Lovers,

New chick-mom to 6 chicks, born on June 1; except the Sizzle and Silkies:

2 Silkies
    1 Sizzle
    1 Buff Orpington
    1 Golden Laced Wydonette
    1 Ameraucana

Our family is so excited to start on this new adventure, thank you all for your post. I have learned so much.
    So far looked at the coops, got some great ideas-now need to get the hubbie to help me work on it. We plan on doing a 4x4 coops and there pen is going to be 10x15. I hope this is big enough for all of them. If you have any thoughts, please advise.
    I was told at the feed shop where we bought the BO, GLW and Ameraucana were girls and the Silkies and Sizzle they were from a breeder so I dont know, but from what I have read I do hope I have just one rooster.
    I take the chicks to the garden everyday for the last 2 days and they love to eat the ants.
    Princess the Ameraucana seems to be the most friendliest, she is alway looking for me. And her feathers have really grown she jumps around alot!
    I do worry about the Silkies/Sizzle though, they seem to be scared more then the others. I do try to pet them and talk to them. When I got them they were the same size as the others and the breeder said they are about 3 weeks-so 4 now, but only one seems to be growing. They eat and drink.....I guess we will have to wait and see.
    I am enjoying going to the feed store, looking at the chickens and all the stuff I want to buy. So far I only bought them a water feeder-I had made one which was working out ok-but this one is much better.
    The chicks are currently living in my kitchen in a cardboard box with pine shavings-I put my daughters handmad tool box that is made out of wood in there that she made at Home Depot so they can roost on-the BO and the Ameraucana like jumping up there.
    Anyways-thanks for reading!

2. The Burg Peeps

The Burg Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Ontario
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] . Hope you have a great time here. I am pretty new and people have been very helpful!

3. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Patience

Patience Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi MyPeeps&Me from a fellow newbie! [​IMG]

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] Hello and [​IMG]

6. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi there! and [​IMG]

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

8. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
  9. MyPeeps&Me

MyPeeps&Me Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Rocklin
    Hey classicsredone,
    Thanks for the invite, cant do this weekend. Curious, where do you go for your chicken supplies?

10. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by