New to the chicken world!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by candybarqueen, Apr 15, 2017.

1. candybarqueen

candybarqueen New Egg

Apr 15, 2017
    I am really excited to start this journey of raising chickens!

2. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    [​IMG] How many chickens are you raising? Its always fun raising chickens!!

3. HeidelberrFarms

HeidelberrFarms Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Welcome to the chicken world AND to BYC!

Chickens are just so rewarding and worthwhile that I feel it is appropriate for doctors to write prescriptions for them. "Please excuse Leslie from work today, she needs to spend time with her chickens."

What a grand world it would be...*sigh*

1 person likes this.
  4. candybarqueen

candybarqueen New Egg

Apr 15, 2017
    I currently have two hens. (hershy and Nestle) and I am in love! I cant believe how much personality they have! [​IMG][​IMG]

5. candybarqueen

candybarqueen New Egg

Apr 15, 2017
    Nestle is a Rhode Island Red and I am not too sure on Hershy. My husbands friend at work have them to us. I have had them for about a month now and they have settled in rather nicely. They already chatter when they see me. Especially if I have black oil sunflower seeds.[​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, candybarqueen, and :welcome! It's great to have you in our community! As you begin your chicken adventure you might peruse the wonderful collection of articles in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Good luck with your flock and thanks for joining BYC! :)

7. candybarqueen

candybarqueen New Egg

Apr 15, 2017
    Thanks sooo much! [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    I love Rhode island reds.

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under candybarqueen [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I used to be a "candy bar queen," Dove & Mars brands make some very good ones also. As you can tell by my avatar, I have switched to an addiction to ice cream[​IMG]

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by