new to the chicken world

ductmate

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 8, 2010
rochester
Im new to the chicken world. we got our 5 barred rocks chicks and raised them from babys to 10 weeks and so far im hooked .This site has helped me alot with ideas and pictures to look at .So i am posting some of my own pics of my converted dog house to a coop. All the info one needs to raise chickens is rite here at byc thanks for this great site
62615_cimg0016.jpg

62615_cimg0018.jpg

62615_cimg0017.jpg

62615_cimg0023.jpg

62615_cimg0021.jpg

We like to sit in our lawn chairs and watch our little ladys its soothing and entertaining we call it chickavision

Welcome to BYC!! I love your coop. I have a dog house that I am considering doing the same thing to. The shingles are coming off anyway, So I think I will ask my kids to help me to hinge the roof like that for our momma and 4 babies until they are ready for the big coop. Thanks for the photos!!

hello. yea the roof took some thought and time but it seems to work great .it has two purposes a way to get the eggs and it makes a good lookout spot for the chicks it seems they like to be up high and roost

Quote:
no problem. i found a rubber roof works best its flexable and should not crack in the winter

Oh, that's what it is!! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom