New to the club! Worried about my bitties

CrazyChicken96

Hatching
Mar 2, 2017
South Carolina
Hey friends I've got 5 new Rhode Island red bitties I incubated myself they are about 2 weeks old now and two of them seem to have "bent beaks" it's just the bottom and I'm worried I'm doing something wrong this just happened about 3 days ago the first one and today the second one! Do you guys know anything on this?

Thank you in advance
1f60a.png
[/IMG][/IMG]

G’Day from down under CrazyChicken96
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, I am not able to help on the bent beak question but redsoxs has given you some good starting points so I will just wish you and your little ones all the best.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

You may want to check out the Crossbeak threads but, I have never seen a beak defect like your chick. I wonder if it is possible for it to eat by itself. I would post on the emergencies thread. Sorry I cannot be of any help.

Back
Top Bottom