New to the Coop.........

Gator113

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Port Angeles, Washington
Greetings to all,

My name is Dan and I go by Gator.

I live on 5 acres in the sticks, near the top of a mountain, on the North Olympic Peninsula in the wet state of Washington.

I am completely new to the chicken world. Although when I was a kid we raised the little rascals.

While I have been thinking about raising chickens for a few years now, I recently decided to get started. I will admit that my planning has not been good on this, as I bought the chicks before giving much thought about a home for them. ;>)

I hope to get started on a chicken coop this next weekend. I thought I had decided on the coop to build, and bought most the materials I needed, then I decided to look around to see what others have done.

I typically type too much but I will keep this short.

My chicks are in two age groups, 4 of them are about 3 weeks and the other 4 are about 11/2 weeks old.

Again, I don't know what I am doing yet but I knew I wanted layers for now and I wanted variety, so this is what the feed store sold me: 2 Rhode Island Red, 2 Black Australorp, 2 Buff Orpington and 2 Jersey Giants. Eventually, I get into meat chickens and perhaps a couple of ducks and quail.

Anyway, I have read some of your posts and have been impressed with the helpful knowledge base that you folks have developed.

Regards,

Gator

welcome-byc.gif
from Utah

Back
Top Bottom