New to the Country life and Raising Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ajcountrylife, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ajcountrylife

ajcountrylife Hatching

Jun 15, 2009
    Hello Everyone,
    I currently live in WI but i grew up in the Twin cities. I moved out to the country life my boyfriend and thought I needed some animals to complete our home. We are raising 17 chickens and 4 ducks and possibly adopting 2 more matured ducks! I will be checking this site often I have a feeling to understand more about the little babies we have!!!

2. mountainchick5

mountainchick5 In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2009
    Pine,Colorado
    We are new to the country life as well! It's so much fun and we're glad we don't have to tell the kids "no" when they ask for a pet. Our old neighborhood in the city has ordinances- here is pure freedom. Good luck with your new flock![​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida. Congrats on your move to the country! Lucky you! [​IMG]

4. [​IMG] and cheers from California.

You will, indeed, need help as you raise your chicks. We're here when you need us. [​IMG]

5. briana1975

briana1975 Songster

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    [​IMG] from Michigan and good luck. I don't know how anyone could live in a city. But living in the country isn't for everyone I guess. I hope you love it.

6. Holly O

Holly O Songster

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    WELCOME!
    I think You may end up checking this site often DAILY. LOL
    It's a wonderfully helpful Bunch of People!

7. frogs n chickens

frogs n chickens Chirping

May 19, 2009
    valley springs, calif.
    [​IMG] from california

8. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT! Originally from the Twin Cities, well actually a little east, Afton. Welcome - you'll love it here [​IMG]

9. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Songster

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA!

10. [​IMG]

from Southwestern NH.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: