New to the crew :)

Kriket4

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
Northern Utah
Hey All!

Me and the hubby wanted new additions to our family since it's just us for now and what better time to start the family farm
big_smile.png

We found this site while learning all we could about chicks and ducklings before we got chip and dale! Always excited to learn more about our charming little Rouen's and the people who share our love with the feathered friends!
wink.png

Trav n Kate​

Since I am new, I should have introduced myself also. I am currently in Apache Junction, AZ. My daughter is in college, but we have had a small chicken coop for about 4 years now. I have learned so much from this website, and I kick myself for not looking up this website years ago.

I have 3 hens, two of them are about 4 years old. I have 4 that are 4 months old on my back porch waiting for me to expand my small coop right now. I didn't know I wanted more chickens until I was at the feed store buying hay for my 2 horses. They just got a shipment in and a few of them were sick. So I took 2 of the little bantams home, and one survived. I had to go back and get a couple to keep the survivor company. I wanted 2 more bantams... Picked them out of a bunch, and they had regular chicks in the next tub... One of the regular chicks had a deformed leg and I was asked to take that one home so it wouldn't get trampled on with the others. So I have that one and the 2 bantams I picked out.... So all 4 of my little pullets are hens... Thank goodness. I managed to pick out a modern game bantam... She is so cute and I love her... Lola is her name...

Joyce....

Back
Top Bottom