1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to the Forum and to Chicks--anyone want to guess about these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MissouriChick, May 12, 2009.

1. MissouriChick

MissouriChick Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Jefferson City, MO
    Hello everyone. This is my very first post. I've been lurking for awhile as I prepared to get my chicks and now that I've had them for almost two weeks. Since this thread exists, I thought that I would throw my pictures into the mix and see if anyone had any ideas about these boys and girls. We got a "Backward Barnyard Special" that was approximately 38 pullets and 12 or so cockerels--mixed breeds but heavy layers. I've been trying to figure out what I've got by looking at the hatchery catalog, but it is still hard. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm especially interested in determining what this one with the feathered feet is.

Thanks for your help.

Holly

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    [​IMG] LAst one looks my Buff Cochin BAnty, I think i saw an americana or two ( the middle guy in the first pic just a butt shot though) thats all i got [​IMG]

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    I don't know what they are but they sure are cute! [​IMG]
    Just wanted to say [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by