New to the forum and to having chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SierraSfhFamily, Aug 28, 2016.

1. SierraSfhFamily

SierraSfhFamily Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2016
    Hi all - our family are proud new owners of Swedish Flower hens. We got them as hatchlings and they are almost 4 months old now. They are beautiful birds with great personalities. We have lurked on the forum for a while now at chicken rearing information and finally decided to join. We live in Nevada (near CA and Lake Tahoe).
    Thanks
    Lindsay

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. SierraSfhFamily

Aug 24, 2016
    Thank you!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Lindsay and welcome to our community. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Lindsay, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. I am actually just to the west and south of you - down here between Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. Nice to see another semi-local.

7. SierraSfhFamily

Aug 24, 2016
    Yes! Neat to see you on here. It would be fun to connect with some semi locals who have Swedish flower hens. What kind of chickens do you have?

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I don't have any Swedish Flowers (they're on my wishlist though!) but I have a few of everything else. Mainly I'm breeding and keeping Silkies, Booted Bantams, Olive-Eggers and Easter Eggers, American Pit Games, and generally mutts. I also have some assorted Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, Jubilee Orpingtons, Mille Fleur d'Uccles, Bantam Calico Cochins, Dark Cornish, Cornish Bantams, Naked Necks, Buff Orps, Ga Noi, Cuckoo Marans, Shamo, Speckled Sussex... lots of others. So many individual this-and-that laying hens. Plus 30 something pigeons, 7 peafowl, and a few each Guinea fowl, ducks, geese, partridge, and turkeys.

9. SierraSfhFamily

Aug 24, 2016
    wow QueenMisha! That's quite a family, and an interesting mix :) its great how birds become a passion for so many

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by