New to the forum. Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tampachick, Aug 22, 2016.

1. tampachick

tampachick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    I have always loved chickens (to eat), but when my roommate's daughter gave him 2 chickens for his birthday in June, I fell in love with them as pets 1st, and as eggers 2nd (now I feel very guilty when I grill chicken in front of them!

We got the 1st 2 chickens in June, another 2 in July and 2 chicks 2 days ago. Roommate grew up in AL, on a farm, so thankfully came in with a lot of knowledge, and I am a researcher by nature, and found this forum in May, bought books, this website and the chickenchick on Facebook, but I'm definitely a newbe!

Apparently 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Ameraucanas and the 2 chicks are supposedly Jersey Giants, but after reading some threads, I'm not convinced they aren't Black Mincoras. (I don't have good pix of the chicks yet)

I am a single Mom of a perfect (aren't they all, LOL), 24 year old son that is getting married next year. I also have a dog, Lilly who I adore even though she's a bedhog and 4 cats which are strictly indoor cats, and only allowed on the back screened in patio. I live in Tampa, FL and this is my 1st post on the site but I have been on the website almost every day!

I will attach a few pictures of "the girls" which is how they are referred to as soon as I can from my phone. Their names are (in order of when we got them), Thelma and Louis (T = RIR, L = Ameraucana), Peaches and Georgie (P = Ameraucana, G = RIR). No official names for the chicks as I name them based on their personalities!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. It's great to hear that BYC has helped you already, and i hope that now you are a member, you will make the most of the collective knowledge and experience of our members.

Best wishes
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Sounds like a nice flock! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, tampachick, and [​IMG]! Thank you for joining our community! Best wishes to you and your flock and the upcoming wedding.

6. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Hello from South Dakota and Welcome to the backyard chickens flock! [​IMG][​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by