New to the forum. My ducklings are young duckies now!

MariFlame

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014

Hello, my name is Mari and I'm from Florida. Been checking the Ducks forum for a few weeks now for info on how to feed my ducklings and so on. Great WebSite!
I got two ducklings about a month ago. I was originally going to get only one as a house pet but felt sorry for the little one in the box and decided to get him a companion sister/brother. I forgot to ask at the store if I was getting boys or girls but I'm calling them Donald and Daisy. They were mostly yellow at the beginning but are turning white and grey now. Here are a few pics for opinion on what type of ducks they are and about their feathers. Bit worry about them developing those angel wings I've been reading about. Do they look ok? Looking forward to hanging around the forum. :)

Video link to their first time in the sink (my fave video of them!):
Video I took today:

Last edited:
aw, they are so cute! voice will be the way to tell, usually by 5-6wks the definite sound of a quack comes out if it's a female, drakes(males) have this raspy undertone and are not as loud.

Here is a good link on feeding, have you seen it>? raising ducklings.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Excellent choice, getting another! ducks are flock animals and do best with another of it's own kind. Continue to update!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Thank you! :) Can anyone tell me if they are Pekin ducks or what breed they are? Here's a picture from yesterday after blowdrying them after a swim. They get my bathroom mirror so messy! ^_^;

Thank you! :) Can anyone tell me if they are Pekin ducks or what breed they are? Here's a picture from yesterday after blowdrying them after a swim. They get my bathroom mirror so messy! ^_^;

I'm not sure what breed they are... they're so cute! Their legs are so long and gangly which makes me think runner, but they're not standing straight up like runners would! Heehee, adorable :)

Plus, their bills look like runner bills. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom